Re: wet vs dry

In a message dated 6/29/99 7:37:09 PM, secor@btv.ibm.com writes:

<<As far as experience, I am a scuba instructor and teach everything
from entry level scuba to nitrox and rebreathers.  My only experience
with subs is from a lot of studying and reading, looking at actual
plans and actual designs, and talking to people who have "been there
and done that".

Rebreathers? Man, that gets my attention. I was just reading about the
Draeger systems on their web page. Jean-Michel Cousteau and team are using
them in some of the diving they are doing. Seems like a really dandy addition
to someone's wet-sub. Purr up nice and quiet and swim out to investigate, all
in blissful (near) silence. Wow! I hear the price is coming down. True? Don't
have a spare $8K to invest, but I'd love to try it out.

Anyone interested should drop in on Cousteau at www.OceanFutures.com

Lots of interesting stuff for divers and ocean cranks alike, and it's a free
membership--all done on the web.

Vance