"LETS DROP IT"

Hi Alec Smyth,
I just open your "LETS DROP IT" e-mail about Al, Jack and me talking about
personal submarines just as you told the psubs list to do in your other
recent post you entitled, "I GOT AN IDEA, LETS TALK ABOUT SUBS NOW".  I'm
personally very interested on Al's knowledge and also Jack's concerns.

Alec, you have chosen a dry sub and are interested in your 8 month sub
project and sharing your amateur spreadsheets you put together to form
calculations for your dry sub's crush depths.  While some psubs members may
have found your gift to the list as boring as a dial tone, nobody censored
you or said, "LETS DROP IT".  Pressure calculations are posted all through
the psubs archives already, yet, your personal input was accepted by all
psubs members, even those with wet subs.
I sincerely request that we each go to the psubs main page under the word,
"Welcome" and read the "Mission Statement" and "Scope" a few times.  And,
Alec, I totally agree with the first few words of your "LETS DROP IT" e-mail
to the list, which was, "Maybe I'm over-reacting" ....... yes, Alec, you
are.

I don't speak for Al or Jack, but I resent being told to "DROP IT" (it
sounds awfully close to "SHUT UP" to me) and I really do like the merits of
wet subs and the merits of dry subs and I hope we can continue to include
that interesting subject in a non-flame professional manner.  Please
remember that new people are joining this fine psub list every day and know
nothing of what sub topics are authorized and those that aren't.

I trust we all have your permission to continue and I apologize to Al and
Jack for your e-mail as I don't require an apology.  I think we also may
have lost new member, Ginger, who seemed very interested in wet subs too.

Just my 2 cents,  F. Phillips