Howdy

Hi Charles,
I'd just like to say welcome to the group!  You expressed concern about
fitting in (in a manner of speaking) and I'd like to offer my opinion.
I believe you will fit in just fine.  I haven't seen this kind of
enthusiasm since we discussed oxygen therapy for dead horses!  I think
you deserve the ceremonial passing of the fork (you'll have to read some
of the archives to fully understand that one but rest assured I mean a
good thing).  I would also like to assure you that when you get to
building and operating a sub (I hope you do, and that you enjoy it for
many years), you will find the comments and criticisms from this group
to be worth many times the cost of the captains plans.  So have a beer
(or a popsickle), do some welding, and keep on subbing!

Dick Morrisson
Kent, WA

p.s. I met both Vance and Phil in Portland.  Both are great guys who you
would enjoy talking to.