Re: Dry sub for sale?

Hi,
Thanks Nathanael, for your thoughts on the liable issue.
As far as a price on the sub, I have not set one. I didn't really have it up
for sale, but a offer to buy or trade was made. That got me thinking about
parting with it. So right now I am testing the market so to speak, to see what
I might be able to get out of it. I know about what I have into it, in time
and materials, but I also know it is only worth whatever a person is willing
to pay for it. The sub closest to it that I have seen for sale is the K-250,
and the last time I checked (years ago) it was selling for $100,000.00 tested
and ready to dive. This may be an exaggeration, but I think that comes out to
about $10,000 for the actual sub, maybe $10,000 for the builders profit and
the rest to "official testing and insurance".
My sub is a little different than the K-250.  In working out the hull
calculations it was good for more than I tested it to. The sub has passed an
"unofficial" single unmanned test dive to 140 feet. That is all the deeper the
lake was. The ASME book I have says the test depth is 125% of rated depth. So
that would come out to a 112' rating if tested to 140'.    Since my sub is not
"officially engineered and tested" and it has a depth rating of less than the
K-250' I would consider an offer much less than $100,000.00. or I might trade
it for something I need or want more than a sub. Assuming the sale or trade
came with a good liability contract!

Jon Shawl