Re: Sub sales

In a message dated 6/13/99 2:53:21 AM, snyde032@tc.umn.edu writes:

<<Does anyone actually know how much it would cost build one of these from
scratch.  The Lake diver home page offers a fully built model for $180,000.
I'm assuming  the homebuilt version must be much cheaper.

Sincerely, Greg.

Cost is a relative thing.  Materials cost for a K 350 is probably not much
more than $5000 for hull materials, ribs and viewports--then there are those
pesky fabrication dollars--the more you do, the cheaper it gets.  Maybe $15K
is a good estimate, and it might be less--damned sure could be more.  Depends
on the builder.  Then you start hanging gear on board and the dollars keep
goin' skyward.

I had a good week at the Undersea Expo in Portland, just back in Florida.
The rainy weather disappeared in the northwest while I was there and we had
beautiful sunny days.  When I got off the plane this afternoon in Florida,
the clouds were on the deck and it was raining cats and frogs.  Go figure.
Anyhow, I got some ideas here and there and when I get my notes and brochures
together I will put together a letter for the psub page and try to pass on
some info.

Vance