Sub sales

Dear Ray,
I can appreciate your concerns about the liability issue, and hopefully our lawyer friends will pipe in with the answer. I do think that this is the appropriate forum for offering submarines for sale, provided that the WebSite is not held liable for any mishaps. On the bright side, we haven't heard of anyone sticking a fork in their eye yet.

I just receive the Kittredge videotape, and have to say I was quite impressed with his product (although the production value of the videotape was fairly low).  for those of you who haven't seen it, it starts with several video clips of the submarine diving and service any and running in circles.  In one scene, to convince us of the submarine speed, he has it racing a man in a row boat. This is particularly humorous, as I am sure he meant to be.   The second half of the video is good old captain Kittredge giving a chalk board lecture on the merits of his submarine.  It was interesting that he chose to demonstrate his submarine in Maine coastal waters that had the consistency and color of split pea soup. This made the view port shots a little less stunning. At any rate, he seems like a fascinating man and is obviously very excited about his submarine. He reminds me of my grandfather (with a little more hair).

Does anyone actually know how much it would cost build one of these from scratch.  The Lake diver home page offers a fully built model for $180,000.  I'm assuming  the homebuilt version must be much cheaper.

Sincerely, Greg.