Re: Bond sub/car questions

At 1127 -0700 06/02/99, Ray Keefer wrote:
>What would it take to make a real AmphibSub (hey, new trademark :)   )?
>Can you imagine the hysteria you would cause driving down a boat ramp,
>into the water and disappearing from sight? :)

I saw an Amphicar do this last summer (well, except for the disappearing
from sight part -- although it did ride pretty low in the water, and I can
imagine big waves being really scary). It was the coolest thing. The guy
just drove down the ramp and away without even pausing.

>Because of the shape it would have to be ambient.

Even if it was something rounder? Like one of the new VW Beetles?

One problem I can imagine would be the weight.

---------
David
buchner@wcta.net
http://customer.wcta.net/buchner