Re: rusty tanks (was: Trojan)

Hi Vance and all,
I like a guy with a sense of humor!
How I surface from the great depth of 40' (in my 5/16" thick propane tank sub), is
to just blow the trim tank and wait till I get to the surface then blow the MBT.
Nothing gets out of control and I don't waste any air. I did have some fun doing a
fast surface with a fast full blow from 40 or so feet. The sub was moving up so
fast it started making a buzzing sound.
It took a while to figure out what it was. It was the 3/4 " dia by 3' long
magnesium anode rods that are located about a 1/4" from the bumpers. When the
water flows down past them they start to vibrate till they hit the bumper. It's
like a built in alarm for over speed surfacing. Only made it into low orbit for
about a 1/4 second, then splashdown right into the same hole in the water it came
out of. Weeeeee...   Didn't have to call NASA. :-)
Jon Shawl