Re: Various Disconnected

Joe!!, help!

> > Pick up your mouse pad and flex it in the middle. The inside surface is in
> compression and the outside is in tension. Your sub hull isn't deflecting
> that much, and it starts life curved in the opposite direction, but the
> tension/compression deal still applies.

AHHGGG!!, now i am confused utterly.
maybe im just too ignorant, but which way is the sub flexing here?
Are we talking flexing from the weight of the sub or from water pressure?

i hope its the weight, cos i can understand that..

> >Beer steadies the hand. I won't weld without it.

beats me how you can hang onto the beer and the welding torch with the same
hand, steady or otherwise.

Thanks for your help though!
E.M.