Photocopied Busby Books Available

Shipmates,

I will provide any psubber who sends me $60.00 a photocopy of the 1976
Classic "Manned Submersibles".  I have been collecting submarine books for 30
years, and this is still my favorite.  This book was published by the Office
of the Oceanographer of the Navy, so it is public domain, there is no
copyright to violate, and you can photocopy it without penalty.

Why sixty bucks?  Because it is over 750 pages long!  Kinko's charged me over
$52.00 to copy my "master", about $6.50 for postage and $2.50 for the rugged
box to ship it in.  I will provide the labor for free, but I do not want to
lose money on the deal.  I sent a freebee copy to my buddy Brian Danielson,
and that was my total cost.

I have no idea how much the original book goes for, or how hard it would be
to find a copy today.  If you want to hunt down the real thing, have at it.
All I am saying is that anyone who wants a photocopy at (my) cost can have
one.

I have been wondering what I could do to "give back" to this group.  I am
neither engineer nor mariner.  But I thought, hey, every psubber who wants
his own Busby should be able to have one.  So now you have a source.  I will
commit to provide this service, at this price, for the next 12 months.  If
you want a copy, send me an e-mail and I will get back with you.

Doug Farrow