Re: boatship

Hi,

My understanding is that a "ship" can carry life boats, or smaller boats.
A "boat" does not. Most submarines do not carry "boats", life rafts don't
count, so they themselves are boats.

A more likely explaination was that the first submarines were so small that
everyone just thought of them as "boats". Not big enough to be seriously
considered as a "ship". Since then the tradition has stuck even though some
modern submarines are bigger then some "ships".

Regards,
Ray