Re: intro and suggestion on hydrogen venting

Don't care for gels much in heavy load conditions.  They are simply unable to
run those electrons from one side to the other fast enough and suffer over
time as a result.  If you ask Phil N what he uses, you'll find wet cell batts
across the board (when vehicle design and payload permit).  I like high
output 6-volt batteries from Trojan (or Sears--under the Die-Hard name).  The
heavy duty 6-volt units have big, thick, strong plates that last and last and
last.  More cycles, more amperes, more better.  Good luck with the gels, but
I would suggest a trial with smaller units first and a light bank or other
load cell that will let you measure discharge/recharge rates and possibly
give you some ideas about the number of cycles one of them will put up with.
Technology moves with the marketplace--maybe the gels are better than I
think.  And cheaper, I hope.
Best Regards,
Vance