Re: Plexiglas or whatever

protek@shreve.net wrote:

> [snip]        There are excellent polishes to remove scratches.
>  For example; I have taken windows and sanded them with 400 grit sandpaper
> and polished them to a near perfect optical condition. Acrylic is easy to
> polish

You also may want to wet sand after dry sanding with the 400 grit.  Then use the
polish.  Call an acrylics distributor for the proper polish and procedures.

Recessing viewports, by the way, is an excellent idea.  It's the reason why camera
lenses are recessed - to avoid contact with anything but air (water in our case).

Rick

--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca