Re: concrete weight

As I stated earlier, the habitat I am planing is far to heavy to move
over land.  The tensile strength of concrete is very low.  That is
why steel reinforcement is always used, in any application that
requires tensile strength.  One of my design objectives is to create a
spacious and comfortable living space.  In proportion to the weight
of the hull, the equipment and weight of the occupants would be
less than one percent.  The actual size of the habitat would depend
on cost.  For example Seacon was ten feet in diameter and about 15
feet overall.  Seacon was small for a habitat.
Building a concrete submarine that can be moved on a trailer does
not seem reasonable design objective.  Anyone considering using
concrete as a pressure hull should plan on leaving it in the water.

David Irons