RE: Unmanned test dives

See comments inserted into body of text below

If you need more detail than this, perhaps you could (should) enlist the direct help of an engineer when setting it up.  This will be less expensive than "dunking" your whole sub, most likely, but it will still incur some costs to do it right.
I hope this helped.