Re: Unmanned test dives

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:09:20 -0800 (PST) Ray Keefer writes:
>> How does someone dive their submersible, unmanned, for testing
purposes?

>Better yet. If the hull crushes how do you get the remains to the
>surface?

How easy is it to find a crane to do the lifting?

Along this same line, perhaps it's time to contemplate a test rig
for viewports.   I can visualize a cylinder with viewports on either end.
One simply lowers the cylinder into a known depth fo water until
something, uh, changes.

Michael B. Holt
Oregon Hill, Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A.
--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]