Re: LONG POST: ISBN #'s,Sub Image Mgmt.

Ray,
I think the site is nice because its simple and clear organization.
But I must admit it's growing and you'll need to keep it organized and you should
start dividing arguments and directories.
I always used html based (not WSIWYG) editor as I prefer to have absolute control
on the final results. But I can suggest you to give a try to Microsoft Frontpage
which is reallya good product, very easy to handle and it gives you full control
even on complex web sites.

Only one more thing: if you go on FrontPage, please forget their themes and
cliparts, keep the site as simple and plain as you can, as you did until now.

I really appreciate your efforts in keeping this site and mail list update.

Blue skies and deep blues

Paolo

Ray Keefer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, all good ideas. A bit beyond my current web page skills. Teach me and
> I'll give it a try.
>
> Another problem is the layout of the web site itself. When we started I just
> put everything in one directory. That made it a bit easier to ftp files onto
> the site. Now that the site is growing, it is time to start orgainizing it more
> logically with a directory structure.
>
> For now I am just thinking about how to proceed. It will be a big task
> that will touch almost all the pages. Plus I am sure while making the changes
> I'll make plenty of mistakes. So when I am ready I'll let the group know before
> I start and when done.
>
> Once done I'll ask you to look it over to make sure the site is still
> functional as I am sure I will not catch all the mistakes.
>
> Regards,
> Ray
>
> > >providing thumbnailed images
> >
> > A good suggestion Rick.  Maybe go one step further
> > and make the picture pages frame based so you won't
> > have to flip through pages each time.  Does the
> > thumbs plus software create actual miniature images
> > or just redefine the displayed size through HTML
> > code attributes?  The latter will not decrease
> > download time but the former will.
> >
> > Jon
begin:vcard
n:Velcich;Paolo