Re: Materials/parts...

I'll have to double check my plans at home but I believe Kittredge
has you literally "roll your own" hull out of flat steel.  He
specifies interior re-enforcing ribs and the end caps are welded on.
I don't remember any specifics re method of welding....he mostly
specifies types of weld and penetration.  There's a shop about 1/2
hour drive from here in Montrose, PA which has built a couple of
his hulls for Lake Diver, Inc. out of Corning, NY.

If I scrap my fiberglass sub, then my next try would probably be the
re-enforced propane tank approach.

Hopes this helps....Al

--
Alan D. Secor