Re: Information Wanted

I HIGHLY recommend the book "Manned Submersibles" by R. Frank Busby.
This book is probably the bible of small subs and is unfortunately
out of print.  I was able to locate a copy over the net a couple of
months ago for about $130.  Not cheap but a wealth of information.
You might also check you local library...mine has a copy and it's
not that big of a library.

Another source of information is a set of plans from Kittredge.  His
plans are certified by Lloyds and are fairly simple and practical.

Last but not least, I highly recommend getting certified (if not
already) as a scuba diver.  This background alone will help in
understanding bouyancy, effects of pressure, etc.  Also, it will
come in useful if you ever have to "bail out" of a crippled PSUB.

Hope the info is helpful!

Regards....Al Secor