Solar cells

I Don't think it would be worth it to try to put solar cells on a sub.
BUT ...if you live where it's sunny, have water front property near
where you dock the sub, and you don't have grid power available, then a
solar shore station could work. Keep in mind it takes as much power to
charge my sub as it does to charge a golf cart, or about 7 to 10 kilo
watt hours of power( about $1 worth per charge). For the large
investment required to do that with solar, you would be farther ahead
with a portable generator and a battery charger, then use the left over
money to build a better sub.
Jon from Michigan
http://www.nwcis.com/submarine/