Solar cells

Mike here from Malaysia,
I got to thinking about power requirements for our vehicles. Has
anyone seen any application of solar cellls to help power an
underwater vehicle (especially while running on the surface) but also
that I see Edmund Scientific sells a solar cell that delivers 12V on a
cloudy day (under low-light conditions). Could a series of solar cells
or panels be set up on the top surface to catch any sunlight coming
down thru the water (assuming you have fairly clear water, not muddy
or cloudy). How 'bout it, guys, any feedback?

FWAFS,
Mike