Re: sub design

     Hello everyone.  I am Bao Tran, a new novice member.
     I am interested in the Bionic Dolphin style.  Does anyone have
     experience/info on building such a sub?

Subject: sub design
Author:  Bill <heinzind@cadvision.com> at Internet
Date:    12/8/98 1:44 PM

   This is a follow up from quite a while ago.. I was explaining how  I was
going to make the end caps for my sub.. I have now made a scale replica,
out of metal, just to see how easy it would be to accomplish.  I have a
picture of it if anyone is interested..  By the way, I found the design in
a "welding handbook" after I thought of it.  They call it a pressure
bonnet. It appears to be very easy to construct.
  Just for everyones info.  My design is going to be 11.5 feet long 42 inch
diameter.  The pipe I am using appears to be metric, but is very close to
9/16 thick. (just a hair over) but not 5/8 as I thought originally.  I
originally wanted it to be about 8 feet long, but the conning tower, and
weight of the sub, would not allow me to put enough ballast in the bottom
to make sure it would float upright..  11 feet will allow me to accomplish
this..

 one other thing.. is it my computer, or has there been no activity here
for a while.????

bill