CG/CB changes in surfacing

Hi, Gary - I blew your post so I'm going by memory:

Thanks for mentioning that issue.  I completely forgot to even bring it up.

I can see where using reserve buoyancy would be preferable in your sub.  Your conning tower must be
fairly heavy.

If coming up in an emergency ascent I would certainly release JUST enough hard ballast to leave the
bottom, even in an ambient sub.  Another good reason to have a decent freeboard around the hatch.

As you pointed out, the shift from CB over CG to CG over CB at the surface interface would probably be
enough to dip your tower, at least judging by the pictures of your sub.  Most of the time I have an
ambient boat in mind and I forgot how heavy the conning tower has to be in a one atm. boat.  For my
sub-to-be, I'll be using a plexi canopy.  But, I'll keep in mind that I had better leave a few lb.
under my keel, just in case.

Rick

--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca

"I resent that - I don't deny it, I just resent it!"
  --- Groucho Marx ---