Re: Crazy idea...

Paul Anderson wrote:

> I just had a crazy idea...  Water dislikes being magnetized, and as a
> result can be moved by magnetism(IIRC it's called the Moses effect - water
> in a column can be parted in the middle using strong magnetic fields).
> With sufficient power, might not be reasonable, but at least possible to
> use magnetohydrodynamic seals...  TTYL!

Hi, Paul, hi All . . . ]

Some idea!  Not crazy at all.  If magnetic fields can propel trains, ships and submarines, then
repelling water around a seal sounds good to me.

Any input from those of us who are not electromagnetically challenged?

--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca

"You have a very interesting face, but, you should drain it once in a while."