Re: Electrical through-hull connections.

Paul Anderson wrote:

> I've been mulling over a thought, if all you need to do is to run a
> wire(for example, from the inside of a sub to an external thruster), why
> not use flared connections with metal pipe as in a car brake system?  They
> can handle significant pressures without leaking, and just thread the wire
> through the tube, tighten it down against the bulkhead fitting, and do the
> same on the other side.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

Do NOT try this at home, folks!

It is a creative solution, but, you can die from it.  This tube would carry one atm. pressure from
inside the sub, out through the line, to the exterior of the boat.  Here, it would be vulnerable in
the extreme to snags, collisions, corrosion, poor maintenance, and the neighbourhood kids on boring,
Saturday afternoons.
--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca

"You have a very interesting face, but, you should drain it once in a while."