Re: hatch latches

Hi,

Kittredge's hatches have four loops at equal distance around the inner
rim. Between these loops and the inside of the conning tower are slotted
brackets. Into the slotted brackets go bolts that look a lot like eye
bolts the were opened up to create a hook. The hook hooks into the loops on
the hatch and a large thumb nut is tightened down  pulling the hatch closed.

You can see the loops on the web site under:

	Sources -> Kittredge -> photos -> K-600 -> Hatch

I the same picture near the front of the hatch (more near top edge in picture)
there is a handle thing. That was to rotate a sonar transducer. It is  not
part of the hatch closure. I didn't get any pictures of the hold down bolts.

Regards,
Ray