Re: hatch latches

Albert Long wrote:

> HELLO STEVE,
>
> I HAVE A SPORTSMAN 300, MY HATCHES ARE HELD SHUT WITH VERY SIMPLE CLASPS
> THAT YOU COULD FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR AT A HARDWARE STORE!!!  I DON'T KNOW
> HOW PROFESSIONAL YOU WANT THE JOB TO BE, BUT SIMPLE LATCHES WILL WORK AS
> LONG AS THEY WILL KEEP THAT HATCH SEALED UNDER THE MAX "OVER AMBIENT"
> INTERIOR PRESSURE YOU'RE WILL ENCOUNTER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. AS YOU
> PROBABLY KNOW, ONCE YOU SUBMERGE
> THE WATER PRESSURE WILL KEEP THEM SEALED TIGHT.
>
> IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS, SORRY....I TRIED!!!
>
> STEVE McColman wrote:
>
> > I need some ideas on how to latch my hatch shut.  I know how the
> > Vindicator works, but I have a port hole in the top, so that wont work
> > for me!   Does anyone know how Kittredge latches his hatches?
> >
> >                                  Steve McColman, Vancouver Island

I was on a sub in Hawaii this year, and Took a picture of their hatch..
the mechanism is very simple for holding it down.. I am not sure what
the vindicator uses, but you could not get any simpler than this sub..
it was the Voyager 11.. I will scan the picture that I have of it, and
e-mail it in...(it will probably be a couple of days, as my scanner is
at work)

Bill