R: HP, weight and visability

Sean's definition is paradoxal, but true.
The difference between passengers and crew members is the liability:
I have some experience on it in aeronautics: when you are on an airplane
you can be  a passenger or a crew member.
In case of emergency the crew is responsible about a passenger (e.g. no one
in the crew can leave the plane before the passengers), but if you are a
crew member, you have "do-it yourself" emergency procedures, and you, and
no other, are respoinsible for yourself.
That's why, when I fly with military airplanes, I am, nearly always, a crew
member, and the pilot says me "If there's an emergency, I'll probably tell
you, but if you see that I'm leaving in a hurry, do the same thing as fast
as you can, or try to land the baby by yourself, oh, enjoy the flight, sir"

        bye,

> Da: Sean Walinga <swalinga@home.com>
> A: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Oggetto: Re: HP, weight and visability
> Data: mercoledì 17 giugno 1998 5.08
>
> Hi David,
> Imagine if anything goes wrong...  Imagine a situation where a passenger
is forced to swim up from the depths with you due to a sub difficulty. Will
they take you to court? If your answer is "yes", that is a passenger. :)