Re: HP, weight and visability

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:22:38 EDT, SFreihof <SFreihof@aol.com> wrote:

> I get a tickle when you keep raising this issue... you certainly are
> persuasive, so I have a few questions.  Do these designs incorporate any
> ability to hover or is constant movement required to remain submerged?  How
> slow can you go and remain at depth?
> There has been past discussion and concern about visibility in some waters,
> which makes

You cannot hover at depth, unless you have some sort of vertial thrusters.
How slow you can do depends entirely on the design of the "wings" (i.e.,
how much downforce they produce).

Your post appears to have been cut off, but visibility is certainly an
issue. I wouldn't want to use a flier sub in murky water.

Like I said, there are trade-offs. But they are fundamentally different in
a number of ways, and the same rules do not always apply WRT "normal"
submarines, which was my original point.

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com