Re: HP, weight and visability

<<
 Kittrige's disign has simplicity as a hallmark. Another type of ballast tank
 configuration to consider is using saddle tanks. These work nice if you are
 going to be on the surface a lot and want roll stability. Once submerged
though
 the do add more drag since they stick out.

 > But then, all I've done is draw one on paper.....  but boy, does it LOOK
 > great!!

 Can we see it???????

 Regards,
 Ray

Sure Ray,
  I'll have to scan the drawings.  Of course, I think it looks great because I
designed it!   I have round hard ballast tanks (simple) attached to the sides.
They WOULD creat more drag than some other designs but easier to build,
maintain, and operate to neutral and balanced bouyancy.  They are full lenght
with three separate compartments on each side.   Also have 2 battery pods full
lenght attached under the ballast tanks and at the lowest point on the sub
(similar to Kittredge).  Should make it fairly stable on the surface too.

Gene