No Subject

I thought I'd share some info about access to the psubs web site
in the same way that Ray keeps us updated on discussion group
membership statistics.  First some history...

The psubs web site was originally hosted on Ray Keefer's personal
web site and later moved to whoweb.com when disk space became an
issue.  In October 1997, a number of members banded together and
registered the PSUBS.ORG domain name which is the current web
address for the site today.  That's about it for history, now on
to the statistics.

The greatest activity occurs on Friday and Wednesday, the least
amount of activity occurs on Saturday.  We are a night owl group
with most activity occuring between 9pm to Midnight US Eastern
time, and the least amount of activity occuring between 4am and
7am US Eastern time.  The group appears to be a serious PSUBS
development crowd as indicated by the top 5 web pages which are
information or reference based pages.  But let it not be said that
we are all work and no play, the number one accessed page is the
Picture Gallery.  Seems we can't resist looking at a nicely
shaped...sub.

Site access grows regularly and we took a big hit from Feb to March
when our web site access doubled.  (spring fever??)

Web site statistics Oct 10, 1997 to Apr 1, 1997:

General Statistics
Total successful requests: 15,173
Average successful requests per day: 88
Total successful requests for pages: 5,412
Average successful requests for pages per day: 31
Number of distinct files requested: 581
Number of distinct hosts served: 1,023
Total data transferred: 197,380 kbytes
Average data transferred per day: 1,141 kbytes

Daily Access Sorted from
Most Popular to Least Popular
Friday
Wednesday