AIP Submarines...

        As promised, I've been surfing for info on AIP boats.  Of course,
I'm doing it at 3:00 AM.  However, a nice lightening storm [WAKE UP!],
and a temporary (I hope) case of insomnia have given me cause to
muddle on. <g>

        Both of these refer to AIP subs:

http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali/swedishsubs.html

        This one is off a personal webpage of a gentleman (Anders Lindgren)
from Sweden.

http://cust.iamerica.net/hamcom96/gotland.htm

        This page carries more info. on the A19 class.  I take it this sub
class does not<?> use diesel engines at all, but just batteries and a
stirling engine[s].  I emailed that question to Mr. Lindgren, and I'll let
you know what he replies to me.