Re:

>Any pressure penetration through the pressure hull should have a shutoff
>valve immediately where it passes through the hull.  If something fails
>downstream, it can be shut off at the penetration.  To have a malfunction
>down stream and at the shutoff valve at the same time seems highly
>unlikely.
>These are the provisions Kitterege make in his subs.
Ok. A calculated risk but I still wonder about any type of device to release
(or pump) excess pressures out of the sub.

>My sub has ballast tanks open to the environment.  The goal is to have the
>sub neutrally bouyant with all tanks flooded.  Use of motors and or dive
>planes
>for ascent/descent.  This way you don't have to constantly fiddle with
>ballast pressures based on depth.  It does require fine tuning the sub's
>weight with lead prior to the dive based on passengers or payload though.
This is interesting and I don't think I've seen it on the messages yet.
64lbs for every cubic foot of air will make the sub nuetrally bouyant right?
This means that with all tanks flooded and lead weights attached, it should
follow the above guideline...  When retrieving the treasure chest from some
shipwreck somewhere, air would simply be added to the pressurized VBT to
counter the additional weight right?   May sound like obvious questions but
once again, I like to have everything "fool proof".

>Boy, looks like there was a lot of traffic over the weekend that I'm just
>catching up on!!!
>
>Al
There certainly has! Everyone seems to have caught their second wind....
Sean