Weight Droppers and Electricity

Cool, sea stories. Thanks, Louis. Yeah, Drop weights probably are a bad idea
for a wet boat. I have to admit a mind set for 1 atm operations, where
ascent rates are not a big concern. Littering the bottom is certainly a
consideration, but I was considering using ecologically balanced gravel.

Regarding Electricity, I have to admit that it is not a strong suit.
However, a lot of standard electrical components can be happily immersed in
a dielectric fluid in a pressure compensated box. This is sometimes a better
deal than using a pressure vessel enclosure. Dielectric fluids include
mineral oils, silicone oils, sulfur trioxide (?) and the ever deadly PCBs.
Dielectric fluids are commonly used in submersible pump motors (irrigation,
fountains, wells) and power transformers where heat dissipation is required.

Joe