Re: Acrylic viewing dome

At 08:03 PM 11-03-98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Dave,
>
>Couldn't you just use a pressure guage that has a second needle that
records the maximum pressure the guage
>has seen.  If the guage is in your dome with its port exposed to external
pressure it will read pressure until
>the dome fails.  You may need to protect the guage from being damaged by
the collapsing dome.  This should be
>a cheeper alternative than using transducers.

That's a good idea Dale.

I was only considering the transducers so I could plot
pressure as the dome descends. I am assuming that the dome will flex long
before it collapses and I would be able to measure the flex by recording
the extra pressure inside the dome.

Dave Everett.