No Subject

Well Martin, I'm on the opposite side of the fence than you....I'm not
real
keen on the construction but have plenty of uses.  The ONLY reason I'm
building it myself is due to cost considerations of purchasing one.

Now, what am I going to use it for (you ask)????  Well, being an avid
scuba
diver and wreckdiver, I'm always in search of new wrecks (the thrill of
discovery).  I have ready access to several bodies of water that have been
largely unexplored (NY Finger Lakes, St. Lawrence River, Lake Ontario)  to
name a few.  Now, the chances of stumbling across a new find while on
scuba is
small so what is needed is a way to explore the depths, and cover fairly
large distances for a long period of time.  This is where the sub comes
in.
Once something "interesting" is found and marked, I can then go back and
dive it on scuba.  I also hope to use the sub in search and recovery and
salvage work, allowing me to hopefully recover some of my expenses.  Then
there's always the chance of finding TREASURE!!!  ;-)

Hope this answers your question.......Al

--
Alan D. Secor
e-mail: secor@btv.ibm.com