Re: Introduction

Ray Keefer wrote:

> Careful. Once carbon-dioxide poisoning hits, you blackout. No warning.
> The AquaSub gets around this by continuously pumping air from the surface.
> If you are happy with surface pontoons this is probably the safest way to
> go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this Oxygen that makes the blackout?  Carbon dioxide
increases the acidity of the blood and produces that "stuffy" environment feeling that
tells you you need oxygen because in most closed environments, the increase of carbon
diaoxide means that you've probably depleted the oxygen.  That's why using a scrubber to
remove carbon dioxide without managing oxygen is so dangerous.

Martin

BTW -welcome to the list!