From: Sean T. Stevenson <cast55@telus.net>
To: personal_submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Mon, May 28, 2012 12:30 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Holes In Ribs?

Just as an aside - on the ROV projects I have worked on, I always
secured piping by making UHMW brackets drilled for the pipe diameter and
then split, with half secured to the structure and half free, secured
with screws into helicoils in the base pieces.  This allows for thermal
/ pressure expansion and contraction, and eliminates corrosion worries,
as well as damping vibrations to keep noise down.

-Sean