Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fittings for O2

I think SS swagelok is the product of choice.  Someone who has used swagelok can comment better than me but I *think* SS swagelok is in the K-600.  The 600 has what looks like compression collars but they don't crimp the pipe as you'll find with typical copper compression fittings and at least from what I can find out on the swagelok website you can remove the swagelok pipe from the fitting and then put it back again.  If you've ever used copper compression fittings you'll know that it is virtually impossible to reuse the same compression collar once you have removed the pipe from the fitting.  The collar just never lines up the same again and you end up with a leak.  Swagelok doesn't have this problem.

Assuming putting a flair on the SS doesn't stretch it enough that it loses its pressure rating there's no reason that flaring the pipe wouldn't work.

Jon