RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] USA Science and Engineering Festival

Title: USA Science and Engineering Festival

Good job to all!

Steve

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Smyth, Alec
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 3:48 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] USA Science and Engineering Festival

We just got a thank you email from the organizers of the USA Science and Engineering Festival that Snoopy attended over this past weekend representing PSUBS.ORG. The event was expected to draw around 50,000 visitors, but the number turned out to be 150,000. I would like to particularly thank Jon Wallace, Dan Lance, and Greg Cottrell for manning the booth. It isn’t a trivial task, and in fact is quite grueling, to stand there for three days straight answering questions. As Dan put it, by the end we were all “talked out”, and that doesn’t take into account the condition of our feet. We made some excellent contacts, and countless kids came away from the booth with wide eyes and big smiles. One mom brought her young son over and by way of introduction simply said “that’s his dream.” I think we may hear from some of these kids in the future.

Jon, Dan, Greg… THANK YOU!