RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fill Rate & Blow Rate

Alec, Are you venting the saddle tanks with a valve on the conning tower like the for and aft tanks?
Please post some pictures.
--- On Thu, 4/19/12, Smyth, Alec <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com> wrote:

From: Smyth, Alec <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com>
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fill Rate & Blow Rate
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 10:30 AM

The saddles are about to go in the water for the first time, so I’m not sure I have a standard procedure yet, but yes, that’s how I was thinking they would operate. I’ve eliminated the VBT and will be riding a bubble all the time, so I expect it to be easiest if I use the saddle tanks for the bubble. Of course if there’s a trim issue, one can blow a little into the standard tanks too. But saddles will be the primary means barring exceptions with the trim.