Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Altimeters as leak indicators

Very good point, Alec.  If you didn't have an overpressure valve, at least the altimeter would let you know you were about to get your butt kicked when you got to the surface!

I had thought that once I closed the hatch, pulled -2.5 psi (+5,000 feet on the altimeter), and verified no leakage, I would then bleed the air back in s-l-o-w-l-y, close all valves in order to return to 1atm, and dive.  However I'm now wondering if it would be better to retain slight negative pressure (maybe one lb) for submerging.  Would that complicate any of the equipment such as the O2 system?

What are the thoughts of all you experienced guys?  What have I not considered?

Thanks,
Jim