[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electric, Radio, Hull

Hello I have a few questions:

First: How to you calculate the Electric motor size needed to go a certain speed. I know drag and water dynamics matter but I just want a rough sketch. Also when powering the motor is it better to use AC or DC?
Second: What radio frequencies do you need at sea and what types of radios would you need also.
Last: Is it difficult to build an elliptical bow rather than a spherical bow? Is it worth it? Is there any software out there to help out on Submarine design?
This isn't really an important question but, what are the positions/stations of a submarine?

That's all, thanks!