[PSUBS-MAILIST] Air compensating motors

Hi all,
I have epoxied some brass nipples into my motor  wiring outlets ready for compensating.
At this stage I can either go air or oil. Had considered oil as the way I was going till yesterday.
I have an old 2nd stage regulator that I pulled apart, & was thinking it would be easy to replace
the mouth piece with a tube that fed to a manifold with 4 outlets & then on to my 4 motors.
The regulator could be adjusted to pressurize the motors at a certain psi above ambient.
The outlet valves on the regulator would need blocking off as they open at a very low pressure.
They would need replacing with an over pressure valve placed somewhere in the system for ascent
when the air in the motors expand.
I have a couple of BCD over expansion valves that open at around 3psi.
Is less than 3psi going to be a suitable pressure for compensating the motors?
Has anyone had any experience with air compensating motors?
Thanks
Alan