[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrostatic Test of Model?

Hi All,

I was just mooching around submarine sites and was looking at the Nekton Gamma.  I think someone on the site here is now repairing it?

Anyway, i came accross this quite old page where they say they made a scale model to establish a crush depth.

http://www.canosoarus.com/11Submarine/Sub05.htm

Does anyone know if this is true?  Sounds a bit like a new years eve story to me.  (23:55 new years eve...."hic...honestly, Shania Twain's got a wooden leg, i read it in the paper...and she can hold her breath for 40 minutes...."

Assuming the model was to scale, and made from the same materials.  Then test to destruction and scale the depth somehow?

Is this really a possible way to establish a crush depth???

Just wondering.

Kind Regards
James