Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Upended Sub Tank Vents.

The tanks are open on the bottom because George never had waves to contend with. Keep the lip. Don't worry about the vent.

Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: James Frankland <jamesf@guernseysubmarine.com>
To: personal_submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wed, Dec 28, 2011 5:37 am
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Upended Sub Tank Vents.

Hi All,

I believe the K sub tanks are designed to spill air in the event that the sub gets inverted somehow.  My tanks have a 6" lip all the way around inside so its possible that I could get stuck.

Im going to make an emergency vent hole but the question is where?  Do you think it should go right at the very end of the "domed part" of the tank.  ie where the towing eye would fit (incorporated into the towing eye holes) or do you think i could get away with drilling it into the very end part of the underside of the lip?  That way it could be hidden out of the way.

What do you think?

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/Extended_files/Page12231.htm

Kind Regards
James