RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hemisphere Seat Formula

Title: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hemisphere Seat Formula

In my opinion, the answer depends on the arc segment, with 180 degrees being the maximum and 60 degrees as a minimum.

60 degrees is the smallest recommended segment (according to Stachiw) and has significant radial loads under compression (side wall surface equal to surface of the flat face).

180 degrees has no radial loading at all. The geometry can be calculated on a sliding scale between the two extremes depending on arc segment.

This not something that I can reference- it’s just my own method.

Greg Cottrell

Project Manager

greg@precisionplastics.com

http://www.precisionplastics.com

P please consider the environment before printing this email