Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] open source scrubber design

Alec's test results will be very interesting to follow. These canister units, if I understand the way Alec intends to use it, are a radial design. One of the potential problems I see is that there is only 1-1.5 inches of material in the void between the canister walls which makes me question whether that will provide adequate "dwell time" for the CO2 to pass over the material and be absorbed efficiently. It will also be interesting to hear from Alec how difficult the units are to pack with material.

Alec, depending upon your results I would also look a modifying the can somewhat by adding a center tube, maybe 1 inch in diameter through the axial center of the can (like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/billreals/2966584447/ ). Add sodasorb into the interior (and between the canister walls if you want) and feed the air flow through the center tube via a centrifugal fan. This would allow more dwell time through more material.

Jon