Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub Obesity

The figure I was using to calculate the wieght was 12lbs per square ft. , that was suppose to be the high end of an average wieght figure form the ferro-cement boat book that I've been using.  The sand that I used was reccommended by a concrete consultant as the best because of its hardness, it was blasted from granite.  So I think the sand I used was quite a bit heavier than your run of the mill river sand.  And I have heavy duty ribs every 18 inches on the inside of the structure along with a liberal amount of concrete in the area where the two halves meet.  So I'm looking on the bright side of this, I'm simply going to add more volume ! , which I don't mind doing, I have played around with this "contingency" design anyway, the only reason was not going to do it was because of the extra cost.  I figure I need an extra 50 cubic feet or so to cancel everything out.  More room to move around in!

Brian