Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] riding the bubble

How big is the sub overall?
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ojaivalleybeefarm@dslextreme.com
To: personal_submersibles
Sent: Thu, Mar 3, 2011 7:57 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] riding the bubble

I have a lot of ballast volume, I think around 150 cu ft. .  I was planning on flooding my ballast tank completely and then be neutral buoyant,  but I think I'm going to be a little bit heavy.  I won't really know until I do some tests.  If I am heavy there are some options I can explore to remedy the situation.  In any event if I am too heavy I could simply not vent any more air out.  However, if I did vent out all my air I may be way too negative an that could be problematic.

On riding the bubble, I always though that is was very difficult to maintain a constant depth because you're always fighting your upward or downward momentum, and with a changing volume of air it was hard to keep things level.

Brian